Dispute Resolution Arbitration
Arbitration is the preferred method of dispute resolution in the Middle East by many local and international businesses. Given our specialism and language capabilities, we regularly represent clients in both ad-hoc and institutional arbitrations. Some of our senior lawyers have acted as arbitrators and adjudicators. We handle a variety of subject matters and disputes under various arbitration rules, these matters include construction & engineering disputes, real estate disputes, commercial transaction disputes and corporate disputes.
Our Arbitration experience includes:
- Conducting arbitration proceedings before all the major arbitration centers in the UAE, namely, the Dubai International Arbitration Centers (DIAC), Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation & Arbitration Center (ADCCAC) and DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Center.
- Conducting international arbitration seated in the UAE under the ICC or LCIA arbitration rules.
The following are examples of our recent matters:
- Represented a state-owned international contractor against a major local developer.
- Represented a foreign sub-contractor against major local contractors.
- Representation of an international client against a prominent UAE developer.